Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just a day, Just an Ordinary Day

Thursday started off just like any other. Quickly got ready, took care of the dogs, and headed off to Victoria's Secret for a few hours. After work, however, I experienced a new chapter in my life - going to a concert alone and, for the first time, feeling perfectly fine about it. I've become so used to the comfort of college, always something going on and someone to do it with. It was nice to break away for a bit and truly feel independent. Plus I could never pass up a free concert in the Power and Light district of a band I'm becoming more and more found of, Steel Magnolias. Concert number 57, or whatever my number is up to, here I come!

Power and Light District
After a little struggle on directions, I was able to find a parking garage and wonder over to the Power and Light District. The weather was beautiful and there were already quiet a few people mingling around, mostly all hanging outside in front of all the bars that make up the district. I could tell I was already going to love this place. Found a bar with a happy hour, ordered a Summer Shandy and watched the beginning of the college world series chatting with the bartender and a couple business men near me. Made friends with one who had an awesome taste in music, and watched the opener together. I love being as close as possible at concerts, so I broke away and managed to maneuver my way all the way up to the front, middle of the stage. Awesome way to watch a concert. After about an hour or so of an awesome performance, I met up with a Riverbandit friend, Tommy, and convinced him to come with me to try and meet the band. We were able to introduce ourselves to Andrew, the bassist, who gave us a quick tour of the bus and then introduced us to the rest of the band. Here's some pictures from my night:








No comments:

Post a Comment