Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Called off Work, Time to Explore



Almost to work and Victoria's Secret calls informing me they are over their hours and didn't need me to come in. Since I was already out and needed to get a couple outfits for the Tbones redneck themed weekend, I used my new handy dandy GPS to find a Goodwill. The closest one to where I was and home was, unbeknownst to me, in a small town in Kansas - Leavenworth. Found a couple of flannel shirts, two ridiculously hick hats, and two pairs of worn and redneck designed pants. On my way back to the main road I spotted a sign for the Queen's Pantry, a British food, teas and gifts shop. Now that I had the whole day off, I decided to stop and see what they had to offer. The only way I was able to find it down this cute little alley was by the giant British flag hanging outside.


My British goodies
As I walked in, one of the first things I noticed was that they had my favorite European candy bar, a crunchie. Grabbed two right away and began to look around more as I chatted with the older British owner. She had left Britian in 1960 for a Yankee she had met while he was stationed near her hometown. As we talked about my recent travels and her spread out successful family, I continued to find more of my favorites: black current juice and Rowntrees fruit pastilles. As I checked out, the women described some places around town I had to visit - naturally I took her up on the advice. First I went to a farmer's market and grabbed some honey sticks - raspberry, blackberry, pink lemonade, blueberry and of course original. Next stop: the corner pharmacy for a rootbeer float at their soda fountain. On my way home I stopped at Platte Ridge Park, back in Missouri, for a little hike around a pond and through some fields. Beautiful countryside here. Enjoy some of my pics:









No comments:

Post a Comment