Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Glimpses of Adulthood

I guess maybe this title should simply read adulthood, but seeing as I still don't have a full-time job and am living at home in a way, I'd like to think I'm putting off completely immersing myself in that new world for awhile. Today was pretty much as real as it gets, though. With semi annual sale going on Victoria's Secret has been scheduling long shifts - great news for me right now! - so today I worked a normal business day. Afterwards made a necessary stop by Hy Vee - to my surprise, didn't realize they had locations this far south - and had to essentially start over with groceries. A bit of a difficult, and expensive, task. At least now I won't have to feel guilty about eating all of the Thralls food! Noticed there was a Caribou coffee store right in the front of Hy Vee. My favorite grocery store and coffee store in one, Kansas City might be too good to be true! ;)


Cami and Buddy eagerly greeted me as I walked in the door. They are making me realize how much I can't wait to have a dog, they really do make the best companions. Made myself some dinner, what else was I going to do all night? I'm so used to making on-the-go dinners because I always had a million other things going on after work, but today I can finally relax. Maybe this adulthood thing won't be so bad after all. I think I'm ready to escape the constant running. I sat outside, am loving the heat, and watched the sun go down over the woods. Its gorgeous out here, and humming birds are flocking up to the bird feeder like crazy. I never realized how loud they are. Lily would have a blast out here. As their house is at the end of a culdesac and there isn't a main road for half a mile, the dogs are able to run around as they please....and keep me company and help me devour any unwanted or dropped food. Snapped some quick photos of my new home. Enjoy!



Deck where I'll be spending most of my time

This view is why...

No comments:

Post a Comment