| With the most amazing bag of chocolates and the Spire of Dublin |
| In Stag's Head |
Stopped at an internet cafe in an attempt to book future hostels and travels, and ended up being stuck there for a few hours. We couldn't figure out how to get from Belfast to Edinburgh so frustratingly ended up booking a plane to Liverpool instead. On the way back to our hostel we stopped at a bar called Stag's Head and each ordered fish and chips and pints of Bulmers, Carlsburg and Paulaner. Our conversation turned to the Script and Adam said "ah they're pretty good!" - yes I recorded it in my journal. Its taken ages for him to finally admit their awesomeness. Also while here I read through an article describing the importance of the Queen's visit to Ireland. This quote portrayed it well:
"Reporters here will see Ireland as a dignified country reconciled with its past and engaged in trying to rebuild it future" - Bolger, Evening Herald.
Back to the hostel to relax and, for Adam, take a quick nap after a quick stop through the Temple Bar district. I had a long conversation with the old Irishman upstairs about politicians on Twitter who, according to him, are some of the dumbest people roaming the earth. and then he talked some more about politics, and then more. Didn't think I'd be addressed about politics as often now that the presidential election wasn't going on, but clearly I was wrong. Maybe it had something to do with Obama visiting in a week?
That night we decided to visit the Arlington Hotel just off O'Connell Street where mom, dad, Kaley and I had gone two years before to watch live Irish dancing and music. We sat at the only empty table in the place and, as there were room for four, was shortly joined by an older Finnish couple. They were on their way back from their winter house in California. Even though they were Finnish, they spoke Swedish and had seen all their children off to live in the states. While here Adam ordered a Stella - much stronger here than in the states - and a Bulmers while I ordered two blue WKDs. Was perfectly content sitting there drinking this and listening to the Irish music. Would've loved to have more friends along for the ride but was thinking of you all! After the show we headed back up O'Connell street, now hoovered by a helicopter I'm assuming was part of the Queen's protection, and stopped at Supermac's for my favorite and long overdue, garlic cheese fries. Adam called Supermac's the key to his heart. It was really in reference to the blueberry muffins and ice cream they served, but we'll just say he meant Supermac's in general.
Enjoy these other pictures from our day:

No comments:
Post a Comment